Wednesday, May 1, 2013

REVIEW: Coffee and Cockpits by Jade Hart


Title: Coffee and Cockpits
Author: Jade Hart
Pages: 432
Publisher: Self-Published
Date Published: April 11, 2013
Format: eBook
Source: Received from Author for Honest Review

“If I had to die, I wanted it to be doing something I loved, with a man who wanted to fly me to the moon.”

By day, Nina Poppins is a professional flight attendant, who lives to travel, and isn’t afraid to chase her dreams. By night, she’s an award winning salsa dancer who wears sexy corsets and garter belts. She wants to keep her two lives separate, but Liam Mikin knows her secrets.

Liam Mikin is a co-pilot used to getting any air-hostess he wants with one blazing look of his blue eyes. And he wants Nina. But Nina is adamant she won’t end up as another notch on a pilot’s wingtip. However, fate intervenes when their airplane malfunctions on a routine flight to Samoa, stranding all the crew on the Pacific island. Liam has his opportunity to prove to Nina he’s not what she thinks, but he wasn’t counting on competition in the form of an engineer. Nikolai Rivers dances as well as Nina and is linked to Liam’s past. As Nikolai fights for Nina’s affections, Liam is forced to face what happened all those years ago.

Being island-wrecked in a five star hotel is anything but relaxing. Fraught with male egos, dancing, and secrets, both Nina and Liam aren’t ready for what fate has in store.



Wow! Just...wow! I am totally blown away by the awesomeness that is Coffee and Cockpits! This is the second book I've read by Jade Hart (My Ocean Kills Review), and once again I'm left speechless. This is not a quick, lighthearted read. It's long, with wonderfully complex and developed characters and a complicated yet sweet romance. Without a doubt, this author has an amazing ability to lead you into what you think is just a good story. From the very beginning I was drawn in and completely enjoying the book, and then WHAM!!...I'm left going, "What?! Did that just happen? ~~ Yes. Yes, it did." And...It. Was. Awesome!!

Nina Poppins has just become a flight attendant, but for her this is just a stepping stone on the way to becoming a commercial pilot. She doesn't have time for distractions, not even sexy pilots or steaming hot salsa dancers. But, after a near death experience Nina's views on life change. She vows to stop standing in her own way to happiness and to follow her heart. Being stranded on a tropical paradise is a great way to start this new outlook on life.

I was finding it harder and harder to remember why I was so hung up on boundaries. I was a bit of a tool when it came to enjoying myself. My promise came back to mind. Never again would I stop myself from living how I wanted. Starting now.
I am not a big fan of the love-triangle that seems to be so popular today, so I was extremely glad that Coffee and Cockpits has a love-triangle-that-really-isn't. The book is written in alternating POVs, so it's glaringly obvious who Nina will choose. While Nina is attracted to Liam--the sexy pilot that saved her life and the lives of all the people on the plane, and Nikolai--the smoking hot salsa dancer that she loves dancing with, she makes her choice early on. And she sticks with her decision, never wavering! Nina is an easy character to like. She knows what she wants out of life, and she's not afraid to go after it. While she's been focused on her career she has put her personal life on hold, but all of that changes real quick!

I knew it might be a mistake, and I shouldn't admit my feelings so early on, but I couldn't help myself. Opening my suddenly very heavy eyelids, I murmured, "I think I'm falling for you."
The romance is lovely, and that feels like a weird word to use, but it's right. While you're faced with the insta-love aspect, it's also put into perspective because Nina knows it's strange that she feels such a strong connection so quickly. She doesn't understand why, and it scares her to some degree, but she decides to let go and see what happens. It doesn't feel fake or forced. It's sexy, it's hot and it's incredibly romantic! Bottom Line: Coffee and Cockpits is a must read!

_____________________________
Get your copy: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs