Saturday, January 5, 2013

REVIEW: Untouched (The Girl in the Box #2) by Robert J. Crane

Untouched (The Girl in the Box, #2)
Title: Untouched
Author: Robert J. Crane
Series: The Girl in the Box (#2)
My Other Series Reviews: Alone (#1)
Pages: 206
Publisher: Self-Published
Date Published: April 21, 2012
Format: eBook
Source: Received from Author for Honest Review

Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ B&N

Still haunted by her last encounter with Wolfe and searching for her mother, Sienna Nealon must put aside her personal struggles when a new threat emerges – Aleksandr Gavrikov, a metahuman so powerful, he could destroy entire cities – and he's focused on bringing the Directorate to its knees.

My Thoughts:
*May contain minor spoilers for Alone (#1)*

Untouched is the second book in The Girl in the Box series.  I am a huge fan of this author, and every Girl in the Box story just makes me love him more.  Once again the story is told from Sienna's point of view.  I love Sienna!  She is such a smart-ass, and I love her attitude.  I also enjoy getting to see inside her head.  She's so tough on the outside and refuses to show any weakness.  But inside her head you see her worries and insecurities.  She still hasn't decided who she can trust or who has ulterior motives.  Honestly, I'm still not sure who she can trust!  There are still a lot of unanswered questions and I just know we are going to see some major twists and turns in this series.

In Untouched, Sienna is working on adjusting to her new meta powers.  She has discovered that she is a succubus, a meta that has the ability to suck the life out of someone with only a touch.  Unfortunately, there are some negative side effects.  I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I'll just say that suddenly things have gotten very complicated for Sienna.  We also get to meet lots of new characters in Untouched, including the M-Squad, super powerful metas that work for the Directorate.  We are also introduced to Dr. Zollers, a psychiatrist for the Agency.  I love that he manages to get Sienna to open up about her past.  He seems totally genuine in his acceptance of her, and it seems to help her fit in in her new world.  I think maybe she could learn to trust him.

In Untouched, Sienna is still looking for her mom, meanwhile she's being pursued by a whole new set of dangers.  This time she's playing with fire.  Crane has filled Untouched with action packed fighting scenes, drama and adventure.  We're getting bits and pieces of the big story while filling in the blanks with one disaster after another.  There is also a little romance added to the mix, which brings a bit of quiet to the major action and drama.  I'm not sure where this is going, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

I am thoroughly enjoying this series.  Crane has an amazing storytelling ability, and this series can only get better from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs