Saturday, August 18, 2012

ARC REVIEW: Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Confessions of an Angry Girl (Confessions, #1)
Title:  Confessions of an Angry Girl
Author:  Louise Rozett
Series:  Confessions (#1)
Pages:  304
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen
Expected Publishing Date:  August 28, 2012
Format:  eBook
Source:  Received from Publisher via NetGalley
Add to Goodreads
Pre-Order:  Amazon or B&N

_______________________________
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make...

#1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)
_______________________________
Fave Quote:
"Clearly Tracy has been studying Gossip Girl, absorbing lessons in how to treat your friends like crap."
_______________________________

I thought the blurb for Confessions of an Angry Girl sounded really good, but I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy it because our main character, Rose, is so young.  I worried needlessly though.  I still thought it was really good!  Rose has just started her freshman year of high school after "the worse summer of my life", and she's having a hard time fitting in.  As if high school isn't bad enough she's also dealing with the fact that her father died over the summer while he was working as a contractor in Iraq.  Then she meets Jamie Forta.  She's totally confused by the fact that he seems interested in her, but he's supposedly dating a cheerleader, Regina.  Oh, and Regina is crazy!  Like stay-away-from-my-man-or-I-will-cut-you crazy!

I really enjoyed this quick and easy read.  Rose is an easy character to love.  While you feel sympathy for her and the situation she has been put into, you also want to see her move on.  She's sad, she's angry, she misses her dad and watching her brother move on hurts.  She can't seem to relate to her friends anymore.  I'm not sure what to think of Jamie.  While I like him, he also tends to come off as weak.  It's obvious that he likes Rose, but he lets a lot of things get in his way...namely, Regina.  Speaking of which, she is one scary b****!  I love a good rivalry, and Regina is perfect!  She's beautiful, a cheerleader and she has her claws dug deeply in Jamie.  I would NOT want her angry with me.  Rose finds this out the hard way.  Confessions of an Angry Girl was an extremely enjoyable read, and I'm looking forward to the next book, Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs