This fabulous event is hosted by Candace Book Blog, Me @ Dazzling Reads, The Page Turners, Mary @ The Book Swarm and The Bewitched Bookworms.
1. At a certain moment, Echo tells Noah that she feels safe with him. Echo thinks that because of this comforting feeling, she may be able to finally have a full night of peaceful sleep. Why do you think it is important for Echo to feel Safe? and why no one else but Noah has been able to provide this to Echo?
I think the fact that Echo still can't remember things makes her feel uneasy at night. Plus, she has nightmares. Noah is the first person that's seen her for who she is and not the past. He makes her feel safe and that gives her the ability to sleep easier.
2. Beth, Noah's friend, also has a very complex life situation. plus she also does drugs. However, what grabs my attention is her mean behavior towards Echo. Why do you think Beth hate/dislikes Echo so much?
Beth thinks she's of Echo as the person she was before the incident. She thinks she's a rich stuck-up popular girl. She doesn't know the truth, and worse yet she doesn't care to know.
3. At some point, we finally get to know how Noah's parents died at the fire and how it started. Unfortunately, this is something that has happened before. What tips to avoid a fire (specially when there are kids at home) do you know about? List a few! recommendations to avoid tragedies are very valuable. :)
* We have smoke detectors in every bedroom and one in the dining area of our house. They are also linked so that if one goes off they all go off so if there is a fire on one end of the house the entire house is warned.
* I love candles, and burn them frequently. But, I'm seriously anal about keeping them in a safe place. I have small kids so the candles are always out of reach and they're always on a flat, clean surface.
* We took a tour of the local fire dept so that we could learn how to prevent fires, what to do if there is a fire, and how to find each other once we are out of the house.
* CHECK YOUR DETECTORS!! You can't know if there's a fire if the battery is dead!!
4. Echo finally discovers more about what really happened to her the day she got her scars at her mother's place. Unfortunately, this also involved Echo's father and Ashley. What do you think about them and to what point do you think it makes them responsible to what happened to Echo?
I don't think it makes them responsible for what happened. Her mother would have still done what she did. But the fact that he would have been there sooner if he'd been more accessible to Echo and not Ashley is a big deal. We'll never know if it would have spared Echo the scars, but he will have to live with that guilt.
5. On p.303 (from arc) Echo said to Noah: "I love you...[y]ou love your brothers more. I'm okay with that. In fact, it's one of the things I love about you. You were right the other day. I do want to be part of a family. But I'd never forgive myself if I was the reason you didn't get yours... I love you enough to never make you choose." What do you think of Echo's decision to break up with Noah? What does it mean to you?
I think it's a big sacrifice for her, and it proves how much she really does love him. She knows that his brothers have to come first for him.