Monday, May 14, 2012

Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)

**Deadlocked is #12 in the Sookie Stackhouse series.**

Growing up with telepathic abilities, Sookie Stackhouse realized early on that there are things she'd rather not know. An now that she's an adult, she also realizes that some things she knows about, she'd rather not see--like Eric Northman feeding off another woman. A younger one.

There's a thing or two she'd like to say about that, but she has to keep quiet--Felipe de Castro, the vampire king of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), is in town. It's the worst possible time for a human body to show up in Eric's front yard--especially the body of the woman whose blood he just drank.

Now it's up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl's fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who's set out to make Sookie's world come crashing down.


***********************
I have been a fan of this series almost from the very beginning, and I always anxiously wait for releases and then devour the new books so fast they leave my head spinning.  This one was no different.  I read the entire book in less than 24 hours!  I couldn't put it down.  This series has been getting a lot of criticism lately, and I agree that some of the last few books haven't been amazing like I've come to expect.  But Deadlocked seems to have picked back up some of the thrill I love so much.  Of course, we get the mystery we've come to expect from Sookie.  There's lots of betrayal, jealous lovers, and rifts that probably won't ever be repaired.  It's obvious that the series is winding down.  Many loose ends were tied up, and the stage has been set for what I hope will be Sookie's happily-ever-after in the very last book of the series, Dead Ever After.  I'll be sad to see an end to a series that I have loved so much, but I think all fans will agree that it's time for Sookie to be happy.  Really and truly happy! 

4 Stars ****

4 comments:

  1. The mystery does sound interesting! Though I haven't read many books of this genre, I may just keep an eye out for it the next time I visit a bookstore!

    I'm a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ bookaworld.wordpress.com too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia! Your blog is beautiful. Thank you for following, and I've done the same.

      Delete
  2. I saw some negative reviews of this, but I'm glad to hear that the thrill is back in this book. I love this series too and will finish it regardless of the reviews I read. Now I just need time and the book lol.
    -Melissa @Harley Bear Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this series has gotten quite a lot of negative attention with the last few books, and I think Harris has taken the story to a place some of her fans don't like. But, although I didn't enjoy her last few books quite as much as the earlier ones I haven't read any that I didn't like! This is most definately one of my favorite series. I will be sad to see it end.

      BTW, I'm your newest follower! Loved your blog! Thank you for the comment!

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs