Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Few Ramblings...

First of all I want to give a big Thank You to everyone that has visited my new blog!  I'm amazed at the amount of views I'm getting in such a short time.  Also, a big shout out to a great friend, Amy, from Read to my Heart's Content, who has been great at supporting me and sending her readers my way.  If you haven't already, you should definitely check out her review blog.  And for those of you that might be looking for something for your kiddos to read, head over to Kid's Corner for Super Reading, where she reviews the books her and her boys enjoy together.

I also wanted to let you know where I'm headed in the near future.  When I decided to start this blog I went back and picked out some of the books I've recently read to get me started.  I have a few more that I'll be posting soon:  The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, who happens to be one of my favorite authors.  I originally read her Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy and loved it, so when she released The Scorpio Races, which is a stand alone novel, I knew I had to read it right away.  I plan to have this one done by tomorrow.  Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire is another one I've recently finished and will be posting soon.  It should be...interesting.

I normally have at least two books that I'm in the middle of at any given time.  I spend a lot of time driving so I'm extremely fond of audiobooks.  I also have many, many shelves full of hardback and paperback books and a Kindle library that overfloweth.  I try to pick books that are of completely different genres so that there's no confusion, but that's usually a non issue.  It's so easy for me to fall into the worlds I'm reading about that it's not that difficult for me to keep them separate.  However, I do occasionally find that I will get so caught up in a book or series that I simply cannot switch back and forth.  I'm just entirely too enamored and have no desire to read anything else...or do anything else!  I seem to be in one of these periods right now.  I have had Tiger's Curse, which is Book #1 in The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck, on my to-be-read list since it came out last year.  For some reason it kept getting pushed to the side while I picked up other books.  A few weeks ago I found it on sale at audible.com, and I grabbed it up.  Now there are three books out in this series, and I just started Book #3 yesterday.  So, that's another review to look forward to. 

I don't want to promise too much too far into the future since I'm so bad about skipping around from book to book, but several books were released yesterday that I've been waiting for for what seems like ages.  It's very likely that these will be the next books on my blog!  1.  Deadlocked by Charlene Harris; 2. Insurgent by Veronica Roth; 3. Black Dawn by Rachel Caine; and 4. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Claire, which comes out on May 8th.  So, that's what's in store for me over the next few weeks!  Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I love how you do your blog, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs